WHAT ARE SCALP PROBLEMS?
Scalp Problems Treatment – Simply put, any skin condition that affects the scalp and in turn, the hair can be classified as a scalp problem.
There are various types of scalp-related problems known in today’s world. Some are caused by skin-related issues or rashes, while some are acquired congenitally. Malnutrition and infections can also lead to scalp issues. Some issues are also caused by external factors such as parasitic infestation.
CAUSES OF SCALP PROBLEMS
Although exact reasons for scalp problems cannot be pinpointed, they can be equated to a combination of possible factors, such as:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Male pattern baldness
- Skin conditions
- Hormonal disorders
- Ringworm, Lice, and Leishmaniasis infections
SYMPTOMS OF SCALP PROBLEMS
Although every type of scalp condition has its distinct symptoms, some general symptoms can include:
- Hair loss and/or thinning
- Weakening or breaking of hair
- Scaly patches
- Pain and/or tenderness
SCALP PROBLEMS TREATMENT
Depending upon the diagnosis, treatments can vary. Some of the common treatments used for scalp problems are as follows:
- Medication: helps prevent hair loss, control autoimmune diseases and regulate hormonal disorders
- Surgical hair transplants: helps restore hair, reducing hair loss patchiness and/or baldness
- Supplements/Dietary changes: helps correct nutritional deficiencies that may cause scalp deterioration
- Medicated ointments/washes: can help kill fungi or certain insects that cause infections
- Medicated shampoos: target and help deal with conditions such as seborrheic eczema.
For a Scalp Problems Treatment consult with Dr. Ang, call .